Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pricey Stuff

Could I get enough to make a ring?
Radium was discovered in 1898 by Pierre and Marie Curie, and in 1905 it was still very valuable. Incredibly valuable.

On June 24, 1905, the *St. Tammany Farmer* of Covington, Louisiana reported that
The latest London quotation of radium was $890,000 an ounce.
Unfortunately, this price was not sufficiently high to prevent people from using dangerous amounts of radium in cosmetics, watch dials, and other products.
You can follow my blog on Twitter (@impofthediverse) or on Facebook. If you like this post, share it with your friends. If you have a comment just for me, e-mail me at impofthediverse@gmail.com.
This blog runs solely on ego! Follow this blog! Comment on this post! Let me know that you want to read more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...