Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Esperanto Lives! A digression into video blogging #EsperantoLives

I am in no way a video blogger. This blog has been quiet lately, because I've been very, very busy lately, and I haven't had the chance to put together a blog post. But, for Zamenhof Day, I decided to get in on the #EsperantoLives project and create a snippet of video.

It took me several tries to do it, and perhaps I should have decided that I wasn't going to do it in one three-minute take. There was the time the cat walked in the room and meowed loudly just as I was finishing up. There was the flubbed line. There was the "perfect" take, except I forgot to pitch Duolingo (I don't have to pitch Duolingo, but it's a good place to learn Esperanto.

If I had to do it again (and I suppose I could), I would be pointing out that the books at right shoulder include some books in or about Esperanto.



Okay, some downsides: This is totally talking head. It fails my own critique of video blogging in that I'm really not providing you with any content I couldn't have done easier by typing. I'm good at typing. I've had a lot of practice.

And the thing was time consuming. It probably would have been faster if I had done it in small chunks, but even after that came uploading it to my computer, editing off the bits (no need to have the part where I'm sitting down after starting the recording or standing up to stop it), and adding titles. Then I had to upload it. There are probably more words in the text part of this post, and I'm just dashing it off.

The one defensible part is that now you know what I sound like and what I sound like when I'm saying "Feliĉan Zamenhof-tagon!"

And, by the way, #EsperantoLives!


You can follow my blog on Twitter (@impofthediverse) or on Facebook. If you like this post, share it with your friends. If you have a comment just for me, e-mail me at impofthediverse@gmail.com.
This blog runs solely on ego! Follow this blog! Comment on this post! Let me know that you want to read more of it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...